Friday 16 May 2014

Red bull and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Saturday May 10th, 2014 02:39am.

Hello, my name is Kacie and I'm a sleep deprivation addict.


Well, not entirely. I love sleep. As a child there was no need to nag me of my bed time as I would already voluntarily be in bed sound asleep. Sleep is one of the greatest and yet least noticed pleasures in life. Recently, however, I have been coming more to terms with my fathers passing (May he rest in peace) and have become even more AWARE of how life can be snatched from you at any moment. 80 years is a long time in terms of how we are able to comprehend time but in the grand scheme of the universe is not a long time.

I dreamt of being a fashion designer years ago. At 4 I was dressing my self in the morning, from shoes to hats and from bags to dresses. At 8 I was designing my own range of bridal wear. At 12 I was looking for an appropriate university and holding regular fashion shows for my parents and younger siblings that my reluctant sisters would take part in. At 14 I was applying for college (in advance of course) By 17 I had decided university wasn't right for me and had started to develop my own label. And now, at 20 going on time is ticking, I am still working on my own label whilst working as a nanny and waitress as a means to an end to save for for this trip to Japan Harry and I are going on in April. 

It has never crossed my mind to create a plan B. As much as they push you to do so in your senior years at school, to me, a plan B is a plan to fail, or even worse... quit. This means working around the clock at making sure plan A goes, well, to plan! And when you work in hospitality sometimes that means missing out or more sacrificing the privilege of sleeping. But I don't care. I want what I want so badly that I will do anything to get it. Even if it does mean staying up all night after a busy Friday night shift at work beading a shirt that's taking you months to finish before returning to your place of work at 7am trying to be peachy to a very large, very posh group of rather unpeachy guests on no sleep. It gives me a rush. It's how I get my kicks and I know that these are the days of struggle that I will look back on once I've made it big being the next Ralph and Russo and miss whilst slurping on a nice big glass of success saying 'AH, those were the days.' Which brings me back to my original statement...

Hello, my name is Kacie and I am a sleep deprivation addict.

Remember why you started.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment